Sunday, December 8, 2019

Mum issues warning to E

A woman has issued a warning to E-cigarette users after her husband left his vaping device charging overnight and it exploded.

Rachel Gautama, 27, said the explosion left extensive damage to the couple's bedroom floor.

The mum-of-one said she and her husband Toby Gautama, 27, were sleeping at their home in Bury, Greater Manchester, when they were awoken by a loud bang in the early hours of Friday morning.

Damage to the bedroom included their floor being covered in a thick black substance, Manchester Evening News reports.

Rachel says they have been "lucky" and fears that if the E-cigarette had exploded downstairs, her home could have been covered in flames.

"It was about 5am on Friday morning when we got woken up by a bang and a flash, and we noticed there was a fire," Rachel said.

"My husband had left the E-cigarette charging on his bedside table but when we woke up it was on the floor.

"Our three-year-old daughter was in the room next door so I went to check on her as we didn't really know what was going on.

"I was really shocked, you don't expect to wake up to an E-cigarette blowing up."

She added she had seen a post on Facebook about a similar incident a few years ago, but she did not expect it would happen to her family.

"It is really worrying because if that E-cigarette had been charging downstairs we would not have woken up and the downstairs of our house would have been on fire."

"It's scary to think what could have happened, so we're not buying another one now.

"I've not put my Christmas lights back on since it happened because I'm worried it might happen again."

Rachel says she went with her husband to the shop where they bought the vaping device to complain, but claims they were "fobbed off".

"They just told us all the vaping devices they sold were legitimate and gave us an email for the manufacturer, who I will be contacting.

"You don't expect an E-cigarette you buy from a shop that has been going for years to just explode.

"I've had to claim on the house insurance which has made our premiums go up because now I need to have a whole new carpet."

"I definitely wouldn't recommend charging an E-cigarette overnight, I'd do it when you can keep an eye on it so this doesn't happen."

Source: Read Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Remain backer Joylon Maugham QC probed by RSPCA after battering fox to death with baseball bat

A LEADING Remain backer is being probed by the RSPCA after boasting about bludgeoning a fox to death – while wearing his wife’s kimono. Anti...